A Modern Classic! Simply put: 21st Century Texts is a monster. It’s gripping and intense without sacrificing memorable hooks, lyrical nuance, and rhythmic punch. As the song titles indicate, it’s also steeped in jazz history while forging its own blazing trail. Trumpeter Malik’s first recording under his own name, after slugging it out in Cecil Taylor’s band for much of that Unit’s 1970s reign, these Texts deserves a far wider audience
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- marten512 said So . . . who’s John?
- cjc said She’s a good friend of ours who generally pr...
- cjc said We’re working on this – it’s a t...
- Nicolas Hodges said Another request here for FLAC downloads of the who...
- ben said You may just have to learn to live with the myster...