Among other things, Burning Cloud is the best showcase for the late, great Butch Morris’s cornet playing. Surrounded by swooning brass, burbling electronics, and gentle percussion, this shimmering music is simply gorgeous. Morris’s brilliant playing is of a piece of the entire album: quietly intense, yearning, and lyrical. Blazing a new path, these tunes burn brightly.
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- marten512 said So . . . who’s John?
- cjc said She’s a good friend of ours who generally pr...
- cjc said We’re working on this – it’s a t...
- Nicolas Hodges said Another request here for FLAC downloads of the who...
- ben said You may just have to learn to live with the myster...