An overlooked gem in the FMP catalog, this confusingly-titled album features saxophonist Lol Coxhill, guitarist Mike Cooper, and pianist David Holland, who’s not to be confused with the bassist who shares his name. It’s a jaunty and folk-tinged excursion into the rondo form, full of gorgeous melodies, playful interactions, and unbridled improvisations. Sample a tune — we predict you’ll be hooked!
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- Jean Michel Van Schouwburg said hello i saw a copy of Funk Dumpling in a Brussels...
- Emiliano said I had the pleasure to be in Verona on 1987 at 17 &...
- Eigil said Congratulations, Peter F.!
- pof said Much Love to FMP!
- marten512 said Its all gone very quiet . . . too quiet . . .