From FMP’s massive, and otherwise out of print, 11-CD box set Cecil Taylor “In Berlin ’88″ — widely acclaimed as one of the greatest achievements in jazz. Cecil Taylor has written extensively for big bands, but there are precious few recordings of this important aspect of his music. Legba Crossing is one of the key big band records in his catalog — a lyrical and nuanced, uplifting and ritualistic performance that blends jazz and classical textures in ways that evoke Ellington while still remaining singularly Cecil.
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- marten512 said So . . . who’s John?
- cjc said She’s a good friend of ours who generally pr...
- cjc said We’re working on this – it’s a t...
- Nicolas Hodges said Another request here for FLAC downloads of the who...
- ben said You may just have to learn to live with the myster...