Another valuable rarity rescued from the vaults! This solo piano album by Urs Voerkel has a stellar reputation among the few lucky enough to hear it. The album has earned comparisons to Thelonious Monk, Lennie Tristano, and even Professor Longhair while clearly forging its own distinct musical path. Intrepid and addictive, it’s a compelling combination of American and European idioms that still sounds fresh.
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- Jean Michel Van Schouwburg said hello i saw a copy of Funk Dumpling in a Brussels...
- Emiliano said I had the pleasure to be in Verona on 1987 at 17 &...
- Eigil said Congratulations, Peter F.!
- pof said Much Love to FMP!
- marten512 said Its all gone very quiet . . . too quiet . . .