We don’t blame you for thinking this solo album by trombonist Vinko Globokar is obscure for a reason. But you’ll be surprised to discover this music is dense, layered, and downright raucous. A multiphonic mixture of brass, indigenous horns, and voice, Globokar creates spiraling soundscapes that are instantly compelling and simply beyond category. Riotous, humorous, and shot through with passages of buzzing beauty.
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- Jean Michel Van Schouwburg said hello i saw a copy of Funk Dumpling in a Brussels...
- Emiliano said I had the pleasure to be in Verona on 1987 at 17 &...
- Eigil said Congratulations, Peter F.!
- pof said Much Love to FMP!
- marten512 said Its all gone very quiet . . . too quiet . . .