We don’t blame you for thinking this solo album by trombonist Vinko Globokar is obscure for a reason. But you’ll be surprised to discover this music is dense, layered, and downright raucous. A multiphonic mixture of brass, indigenous horns, and voice, Globokar creates spiraling soundscapes that are instantly compelling and simply beyond category. Riotous, humorous, and shot through with passages of buzzing beauty.
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- marten512 said So . . . who’s John?
- cjc said She’s a good friend of ours who generally pr...
- cjc said We’re working on this – it’s a t...
- Nicolas Hodges said Another request here for FLAC downloads of the who...
- ben said You may just have to learn to live with the myster...