The Wire recently called this trio with two legendary South African jazz musicians one of Peter Brötzmann’s most essential albums! “Moholo’s skipping gallop of rat-a-tat snare and high-tuned toms, accompanied by shouts and moans of ecstatic excitement, propels the set with terrific forward momentum. But what’s most impressive is the trio’s ability to ease off the volume and open up a more subtle sound palette, without ever letting the velocity or intensity flag.” A must have!
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- marten512 said So . . . who’s John?
- cjc said She’s a good friend of ours who generally pr...
- cjc said We’re working on this – it’s a t...
- Nicolas Hodges said Another request here for FLAC downloads of the who...
- ben said You may just have to learn to live with the myster...