Here’s something you don’t see every day: a solo album of “songs and improvisations” performed primarily on the accordion. Rüdiger Carl is nothing if not sui generis, and here listeners get a chance to hear Carl in a truly unadorned musical setting. The plainness of the package belies the playfulness, humor, and sheer sonic range of Vorn. From hoary chestnuts like “Those Were the Days,” to Pharoah Sanders’ “Aum,” and back to “Abide with Me,” the album crosses boundaries with aplomb, at times sounding as old fashioned as, well, a bandoneon, and at others, like some strange precursor to Mouse on Mars. You’ve been Vorned!
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- Natural Breast Enlargement - Boost Your Bust|"Natural Breast Enlargement - Boost Your Bust review"|"Natural Breast Enlargement - Boost Your Bust reviews"|"Natural Breast Enlargement - Boost Your get larger breasts said Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this...
- ebay marketing said What’s up Dear, are you genuinely visiting t...
- how to get free simoleons on sims freeplay said Howdy I am so delighted I found your website, I re...
- cause lung cancer said Buying internet media, f?r instance impressions, e...
- pof said Much Love to FMP!