In many ways, this is a lost John Tchicai album. It’s a showcase for his formidable talents as a big band leader and arranger – not much seen since his days with Candentia Nova Danica – featuring an impressive group of second-generation German jazz musicians. Tchicai puts the emphasis on ensemble interplay and compositional prowess, creating a remarkable album that deserves a much-wider audience.
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- Jean Michel Van Schouwburg said hello i saw a copy of Funk Dumpling in a Brussels...
- Emiliano said I had the pleasure to be in Verona on 1987 at 17 &...
- Eigil said Congratulations, Peter F.!
- pof said Much Love to FMP!
- marten512 said Its all gone very quiet . . . too quiet . . .