A treat: the rarely heard trombone/drums duo of Christmann and Schönenberg, captured in 1973. Known perhaps more readily as two-thirds of Rüdiger Carl Inc. (“known” being a relative commodity), we here get the unalloyed joy of a two-way conversation between a pair of thoughtful, eloquent improvisers. At first Schönenberg seems the more introverted, with Christmann exploring the full range of timbres and sounds his instrument can generate. But the roles often switch places, with no one firmly adopting the role of “leader.” If you’re looking for compelling musical dialogue, we urge you to purchase a copy of this!
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- marten512 said Its all gone very quiet . . . too quiet . . .
- Bob Forgione said Thanks Peter – I completely missed that!
- Peter said They haven’t announced a winner yet. As to G...
- Bob Forgione said Does anyone know if the contest prize has been awa...
- Eigil said Out now on vinyl: The fantastic 2-LP “opened...