This exceptionally rare trio date led by pianist Urs Voerkel is full of racheting tensions and blissful dissipations. Percussionist Lovens and bassist Frey deliver sympathetic accompaniment, knowing when to underpin the melodic motifs and when to undermine them. There’s an impressive sense of percolating momentum and tumult that never lets up. As Melody Maker wrote on its release: “Really, you should hear this album!”
Latest WFMU show
What?An mp-free jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. We generally publish once a week. Songs will be available for a limited time, and are for evaluation purposes only. Attend concerts. Buy music.
Who?Chilly Jay Chill (aka Jeff Jackson) and Prof. Drew LeDrew (aka Jeff Golick). Requests, rants, and rights issues to: destination.out [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.
How?Just be yourself.
- desain rumah minimalis said Simply desire to say your article is as surprising...
- Heroes Of Dragon Age Hack said Keep on writing, great job! Feel free to surf to m...
- roses outkast download said I know this if off toopic but I’m looking in...
- marten512 said Its all gone very quiet . . . too quiet . . .
- Bob Forgione said Thanks Peter – I completely missed that!